Thursday, August 16, 2007

News of the Sad

Had a call letting me know that my biological father had passed away. I knew him very little, so the call came out of the blue!

The sad part is after 59 years of life, the only thing he had to show was trinkets and ashes. Just goes to show how choices can truly decide what kind of 'mark' we leave on the world. A distant cousin had to contact an estranged son who never really knew his father to come and claim worldly possessions. Dying without knowing he had 2 wonderful grandchildren (and one on the way).

It definitely makes me think about what kind of mark I want to leave on the world. Choices and Ramifications of these choices are what it seems to be all about.

1 comment:

Jeff and Kelley said...

you're probably down getting all the stuff right now as I'm posting this. I liked this blog a whole lot. I'm definitely sorry for the loss, and I agree that it's sad how a continuous pattern of careless choices can lead to a situation like your dad's. All I have to say is that, knowing you and your family, it's definitely a huge loss on his part.